1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

experts advice

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by RezMaize, Apr 21, 2005.

1. RezMaize

RezMaize Guest

I new to the whole dvd burning and I'm looking for a replacment for Nero (I had OEM, didn't like it), and I have looking at a few other programs. So far Roxio, Clone dvd, and few others seem ok. There are so many that I looking for an experts opinion on which to buy for: copying a complete dvd (including subtitles, menu, what-not) to a 8.5 Disc (Dvd-9 I believe), and converting old vidoe files to be burned to dvd. Any advice?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

One of the Best Methods uses all Freeware Software useing DVD Decryptor (To rip the DVD) and DVD-Shrink (To rip out any Unwanted streams and to do any compression if Needed) and then you Just have to Burn the "Video_TS" to DVD-R useing whatever Burning program You wish as One Burning program should be as good as any other..I personally use Nero 6 for Burning DVD Folders and Images to DVD but you can even use "DVD Decryptor" to Burn the DVD...

If you are Burning to Dual Layered DVD"s then you can get away with Just useing DVD Decryptor to rip the Whole DVD and then use it to Burn what you ripped to DVD....

3. mj013

mj013 Guest

minion is right. You can download both, DVD Decrypter and DVD shrink for free. I have Roxio Easy DVD Copy. I like it because
    or what it can do. cd's/dvd's/games.