1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

external dvd burners and software?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by DezAnge, Mar 27, 2005.

1. DezAnge

DezAnge Member

Is there some kind of problem some dvd burning programs have with external DvD burners? If so which programs work with External Dvd burners. I tried Nero didn't work even after updates, I checked the burner it self (everything seems fine and the computer itself recogizes it as "drive G", I've tried everything I could think of. I'm at my wits end, and am considering taking it back. I'm switching to a new computer in about 7 months are so, so that why I got the external, but it seems more trouble then it worth. Any help would be appreicated.

2. DezAnge

DezAnge Member

Just for refernce It's a NEC 16X Double Layer
    DVD±RW Drive ND-3520A, I got as a gift from my cousin that he got on ebay, brand new.

3. luke35

luke35 Member

My dad and I both have NEC 2500 burners in external cases and they work fine. I replaced my Pioneer 107 with a 108 and put the 107 in an external case and had big time problems. Just something about that drive in an external case. Put it in my dads PC and it was fine again. Put his old 2500 in that same external case and it works like a charm. Do yourself a favor and install it in the PC.