1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

External DVD DL burner for 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by smooothe, Apr 4, 2007.

1. smooothe

smooothe Member

Hey guys,

I have a quick question

I need to get an external DVD DL burner to burn backup 360 games. I can either purchase a standalone external DVD DL burner, or get a Pioneer 111D put into an external case.

- Are there any advantages/disadvantages in using external drives, verses internal?
    - I understand that the Pioneer 111D is considered the *best* all around burner. If I had this put into an external casing, and used it through USB 2.0, would my results be any different?

Any info will help, thanks!

2. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

i think the only difference would be price of the drive. drives that you buy as external tend to be more expensive. it would probably be alot cheaper to buy a drive and use an exclosure. and there shouldnt be much difference in external or internal

3. mikald79

mikald79 Guest

i have an external drive for mine, i love it, it works great , its an LG, cost 60 dollars, and never had a bad burn.....just to hard for me to work the hotswap with an internal drive.