1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

External dvd drive similar to TS-H352C?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by cman675, Apr 16, 2007.

1. cman675

cman675 Member

hey guys,
    i'm new to the forumns but have been snooping around, and thought htat if i were to be able to buy a TS-H352C it would be very easy to make backups, however, i have a laptop. is there any external dvd drive that i could use? thanks for your help

2. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

3. cman675

cman675 Member

awesome thanks for the fast reply, so if i was to get my own, would i need anything else beside an enclosure?? i'm psyched haha. is it easy to do my own enclsore? any like walk throughs? thanks alot again

4. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

no walk trhoughs that i know of but it should be easy to just slide the drive into the enclosure. also it should come with insructions on how to put it in. so it should be easy. and there are many tuts around on riping games with that drive.

5. cman675

cman675 Member

awesome thanks dude there is a drive going on ebay for 59 shipped, i am going to get it now haha. thanks for the help

6. cman675

cman675 Member

does anyone have a suggestion for a good and inexpensive case? i found some on newegg that are really cheap but odn't know about quality.

7. theridges

theridges Guest

8. cman675

cman675 Member

awesome thanks for the help. wans't sure which one i should get of them. a little worried about getting on that was too cheap haha

9. wabashman

wabashman Active member

if your laptop supports firewire, you might want to get a enclosure that has that option, since it runs a lot faster than USB does. bc some people have had problems using external drives to rip and burn games due to the slow speed of USB transferring data to and from the computer.

10. cman675

cman675 Member

awesome thanks for the heads up, i got firewire so i will look into that, but i have an internal burner, so ripping through usb probably doesn't matter as much from what i have read?

11. wabashman

wabashman Active member

one wouldnt think so, but if the price gap isnt much between an USB and a firewire case, id go with the firewire just to be safe. no sense in saving a couple of dollars on the case to have problems down the road.

12. cman675

cman675 Member

yeah thats true, thanks i found one that comes with a firewire cable too for not much more.

13. wabashman

wabashman Active member

no problem, good luck with it all. just out of curiousity, does your laptops dvd burner booktype to dvd-rom? bc it will have to be booktyped to that if you have a hitachi drive in ur 360

14. cman675

cman675 Member

yeah it doens't have it but i have a samsung ; ) haha so i got lucky there, i'll just need to flash with extreme firmare 5.2 i guess