1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EXTERNAL DVDR

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by OZZIEWIZ, Nov 4, 2002.

1. OZZIEWIZ

OZZIEWIZ Member

HAS ANY ONE TRYED USING A LAPTOP WITH AND EXTERNAL DVD RECORDER YET. HOW WELL DOES IT WORK WITH WINDOW XP

2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

Not yet, but I'm planning on getting the new 4x firewire burner from Prioneer (out in December). I'll let you know how it goes.

3. OZZIEWIZ

OZZIEWIZ Member

hey thank i pick up that hp 200e and i will be trying it out on friday night when the software comes out

4. jnihil

Hi ozziewiz, I have two firewire ports on my laptop. It's been very handy doing video stuff whilst on the road. I bought a Canopus ADVC-100 which converts analog video/audio to/from firewire. Also thinking of getting this external housing that has a power supply built-in that you can put in IDE HDDs. It's amazing just how much you can do on a laptop these days.

Rgds,
    jnihil.

5. OZZIEWIZ

OZZIEWIZ Member

hey thank for the information.

6. jnihil

Ozziewiz, (rather a late report, but) I've bought both the external firewire pioneer DVD burner and the housing to install 2xIDE HDDs. Both working well off my ASUS laptop and burning at 4x no problems. 200GB of HDD space and 4x DVD-R burning is just awsome for a laptop. Thanks to firewire...

Rgds,
    jnihil.