1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

External Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Joshua436, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Joshua436

Joshua436 Guest

I was wandering will an External Hard Drive about 250GB be added (using the USB)to the xbox? I have the USB piece to use it on.

2. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

Good question, was wondering myself. I have a 160 gb external USB 2.0 drive, and I was curious if Xbox Media Center would support launch games and such from the drive.

Once my 300 gig is full.

Let me know if you find out

Last edited: Apr 17, 2005
  3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I'm not certain on this,but if there was any type of memory going through the usb ports (controller ports) the xbox would read it as a memory card. In saying that,I know that if you go through a file manager in the xbox a memory card reads as the 'H' drive. So....if you can get a driver (which I think is the main reason for this not to work) that would allow the xbox to use the hard drive as a memory card,all you would have to do is edit your config.xml so that it reads files from the 'H' drive.

This is all uncertain....but the best way to use external hard drives would be to get a chip that supports it.

4. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

Lets not forget that the xbox only has USB 1.1, and even if it is possible I doubt it will work with anything but linux.

5. punqewe

punqewe Active member

yeah I was thinking of that too.....best to get a chip that supports extra hard drives and mod the external casing.