1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

External Hardrives

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Dante016, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Dante016

Dante016 Member

Hey guys it's the holidays and I was wondering a good external hardrive to get. I've seen alot of cheap one's at circuit city and tigerdirect.com and i know alot about good interior hardware for pc's but exterior im a bit lost. Anyone know a good EXTERNAL hardrive to buy for a pc that holds 250-500 and that's not too expensive since it's just
    an external drive and im not looking to spend alot of money here.

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The best way to do it is to buy an internal PC hard drive and get an external box for it. Get something like an Icy Box IB-351.

3. AXT

AXT Guest

Well internal hard drivers usually have longer warranty (3-5yrs) as opposed to the one year warranty of external hard drive. You could just do like sammorris said and get an enclosure.

4. bingo108

bingo108 Member

donno if u r still looking but i was a few days ago and have choses an western digital external hard drive. decent price and is very reliable. it is also rated very high from other users.

hope it help!

5. phill2000

phill2000 Guest

Personally id do as sam says, but go for something more usefull.

hard drive enclosures these days are easy to come buy and serve a purpose, however if you get an enclosure like this you will be able to install it in your front room / bedroom with your hardrive inside it, with video, pictures, mp3s etc stored on it and watch it on your tv / hifi with a remote control!!

Also has an ethernet port so you can access it from other PC's, so you can download films, store it on the network drive, then watch it there and then on your living room tv!!

PS the price shown also includes 500gb HD ( 500gb external in case costs about £70 which is 70% of the total cost).
    PPS They also come in wireless flavours too!

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Is there supposed to be a link in that post?