1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

External HDD with PS2 (not slim line)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sfarley17, May 17, 2007.

1. sfarley17

sfarley17 Member

Is it possible to use an external HDD with a PS2 (not slim line) with HD loader, etc. to play game backups? I am currently using Swap Magic but would like to load games on a HDD because I think my PS2 may be wearing out (games are freezing where they weren't before, etc.). I also do not have a network adapter and can get an external HDD for a cheaper price than buying an internal HDD and network adapter together. I have tried searching for answers, but only found PSTwo slim line info.

2. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

Yes you can you will need USBAdvance.elf to run the external HDD. I assume since you are running HDLoader that you can launch elf files. The compatibility with USBAdvance is lower then with HDLoader, but I have recently come across a torrent that has a tutorial for making more game compatible. It also has all tools needed for transfering games from your PC to you PS2 HDD. I added WinHiip to the archive and uploaded it here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/32143128/USBAdvance_GlobalWar-Edition.rar.html