1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

External Memorex MRX-530LE Won't Burn ISO Image

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Mordaunt, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Mordaunt

Mordaunt Member

Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747. 4gb. Vista Home Premium.

This drive also identifies as (DVD+-RAM 530L v1). Latest firmware (5M64)

Using Memorex 16x CD+R media (Memorex recommends Memorex).

External usb. Comes with Nero 7 Essentials. This burner reads fine. This burner writes a data dvd fine (at least the one created by Nero's Drive Speed test). It will write a lightscribe label ok.

But I cannot get this drive to burn an iso image. DVDFab 4032 exits with an error after thrashing for a bit. The progress bar never increments. Nero 7 keeps counting down from 7min50sec until it reaches 0, then starts over. The progress bar stays at 1%. Imgburn counts time but updates no other write data. Forever.

Is there some sort of security feature built into this drive that keeps it from burning ISO images?

DVDFab will burn an image to the internal Matshita UJ-850S at 4x just fine. I'm at a loss. I've got a stack of coasters here.

2. evil2000

evil2000 Member

Hey, I'm having a similar problem burning images onto the Memorex MRX-530L lightscribe labels. I do a label preview and the image appears in a beautiful greyscale, however, when I actually print the label, it finishes in only a few seconds, but does not print the image. On the other hand, any written text is being lightscribed perfectly without issue. I don't understand why it will not lightscribe images (backgrounds, etc) onto the Memorex DVD-R which came with the recorder. If you find anything out, please let us know. Cheers !

3. Mordaunt

Mordaunt Member

I'm done with this device. It won't write ANYTHING to completion. I'm going to get a replacement.

m

4. Mordaunt

Mordaunt Member

If you've been programming since Pharoah was king, like I have, you tend to develop a kind of psychic technical sense. My hunch with this drive, contrary to all my experience with it, has been that it is NOT broken. To test my theory, I hooked it up to a box running a recent installation of Mandriva 2008.

Guess what? No problem burning under Mandriva. The second part of my hunch is that there's a conflict with Virtual Clonedrive, which installs itself as a virtual scsi device. Usb and Scsi share a lot of software dna.

M

5. loopinit

loopinit Member

I just got a Memorex DVD+-RAM 530Lv1 USB Device. It won't read a DVD. When a DVD is inserted it freezes the computer (hp pavillion laptop) but everyting returns to normal when I switch the device off. It will play music CDs and will read data CDs.

The device is supposed to have some kind of advanced vibration dampening but it shakes the entire desk with anything that is loaded.

It won't burn anything.

But, when hooked up to my son's newer HP laptop it works fine. It doesn't come with a driver and I can't find one anywhere that looks like it will work.

Anyone have any ideas??

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Mordaunt, excuse me but how old are you?

7. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Old enough to have learned manners, but has not. What a pity!

8. varnull

varnull Guest

Wooo.. I have seen this behaviour with shi.. err.. vista home premium as well.

They don't bundle roxio media creator with it because they are feeling nice you know .. :lol: