1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

External PC Drive to PS/2 (For Game Play)

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Seclude, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Seclude

Seclude Member

Hi. I've been searching around and can't seem to find any answers or denials of this, so I'm just gonna spit it out and hope for an answer I want to hear.

I have a 260 GB External Hard Drive I bought for my PC. I'm just wondering, is there any possible way I can put my backup game files into my External Drive, and somehow connect it to my PS/2 to play my backup games?

If so, what cable would I need to connect from the USB port in my External drive to PS/2, and how do I manage to play my games?

Currently, I have swap magic and slider tool for playing my backups, but I'd kill to play games straight from my External Drive. Help?

2. BadBone

BadBone Guest

check this site out

http://www.hdadvance.com/usb_extreme_whatis.htm

and to answer your question, all you'll need is the USB extreme CD and your external USB Harddrive and the software provided by the site found here

The site also provides clean instructions for preparing your harddrive and copying the PS2 games to it. You can find that here.

good luck
    hope this helps

3. Seclude

Seclude Member

Yes, it helped perfectly! Thank you, but unfortunately, the site states I can't use this method because there's a 200gb limit on the HD for it to work, and I have 260. This saddens me greatly, but all is well. I don't mind CD's, it's just this method would be easier to store, and I was pretty damn sure load times were faster.

4. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Wait. You can use 260. But, unless you patch the HDLoader, you will only be able to use 127 GB.

5. BadBone

BadBone Guest

Autually it says 2,000 Gigabytes (2 TB), is the max it can support, your 260 GB should work

But if you don't like that one, you can check this one out from the same site