1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

External Storage

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by leesom, Sep 21, 2007.

1. leesom

leesom Guest

hey guys i recently purchased a xbox 360 core pack and as you know it doesnt come with a harddrive or a memory card. what i was wondering was is it possible to use my external hdd as a xbox storage device and if so how do i do it?
    secondly i was wondering if its also possible to save games onto a usb flash drive
    any help would be really appriciated :)

2. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

3. leesom

leesom Guest

thanks for that.. im having trouble finding a program that will let me create a fat32 partition on my external could you think of any?
    cheers

4. bentbob

bentbob Member

Just Format it as fat32, it gives you the option.

5. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

if it is over 32gb then you will need a program like partitino magic. otherwise just right click format fat32

6. leesom

leesom Guest

thanks for that.. so basically there is no possible way to save games apart from a genuine xbox hdd or a xbox memory card?

7. bentbob

bentbob Member

Im sure i saw something a while ago a cable that you can plug into your pc from your 360, this was earlier this year, but no, I have a few external hard drives and its tardo that i cant use one of them to save games on, but have to use microsofts hard drive 20 gig $99 120 gig $179 to save games on. crazy

8. rvlikens

rvlikens Member

Can you store profiles on it too?