1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extra Optical Drives Installed On PC

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by ChiPhiZD, Mar 1, 2005.

1. ChiPhiZD

ChiPhiZD Member

Recently I have had 3 non-existant optical drives installed on my PC, when I go into the device manager and uninstall the drivers and reboot the PC, XP keeps saying that "new hardware found." I have not installed anything new as of late, there is nothing odd in the add/remove programs, I am running adwatch which should stop anything being added to the PC's registry, I was just wondering if anyone has also had this problem, and if there is any fix to remove these drives perminately.

Thanks in advance!

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

remove the "drives" from both normal & safe mode & check in your msconfig/startup to see anything there that shouldn't be

3. ChiPhiZD

ChiPhiZD Member

Already did all of that but everytime I reboot in normal mode, it installs these drives. Nothing out of the ordinary in startup and even checked the registry and I cannot find anything in there.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

according to your sig you have 1 writer than a program is causing the problem possibly nero. try uninstall nero to see if other "drives" disappears