1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extract or Convert PS2 Audio(YAF Files)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Xplorer4, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Regular member

I just bought a brand new PS2 game released a few days ago. I used ImgBurn to copy the disc to my HDD, then extracted the ISO file. There are several folders like MOVIE,BIN,Sound,and some others.

Inside the SOUND folder is several YAF files such as VOICE.YAF,COMMENTS.YAF,and of course MUSIC.YAF

I am curious as to how to extract this so called YAF file or convert it, or something to make it playable and possibly burnable to an audio cd so i have the soundtrack on CD.

Thanks!

2. GreatMuta

GreatMuta Member

You're talking about the new Smackdown game I assume.

Well yes, it is a new format used by the developers and I'm anxiously awaiting the slightest of news on how to extract it.

3. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Regular member

Wow not only do you have two of the greatest wrestlers ever in you name/sig you even knew what game I was talking about. LEGEND!

And thanks for the info, I tried google but got absolutely nothing, is this the first game they have used this format on, and any idea why they switched?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  4. GreatMuta

GreatMuta Member

I'm guessing it's entirely because the game's jumped to the PS3 or something or other.. Who knows. We just need some direction so we can extract the damn files.

5. djoutcry

djoutcry Member

6. jean945

jean945 Member

7. psgamefan

psgamefan Member

I'm having problems with another PS2 game's audio. The game has PFP files, and I can't find a tool to rip it into wav or the like.

Here's the details from another post I made about it:

I'm trying to get the audio off the PFP file (3000.PFP) on PS2 Bloody Roar 4. Psound and all the other utilities will not pull it out, and RAW gives me scratchy audio which makes me think it's ADPCM audio. Anyone know what format the sound is in, and if there's a utility to rip it yet?

Anyone know about this format?