1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extracting Menu pages as Tiffs

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Analog, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Analog

Analog Member

I'm trying to find a programme that allows me to rip menus from a finished Disc and re-use them in a new project. Ideally it will extract them as tiffs or another still format. I've used Extractor.9b but it pulls the menus out as vobs which are unusable. Does anyone know of anything I can use.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

When I have to Extract menu images from a DVD I just load the Vob file into "Tmpgenc" and use the "Source range" to find the Frame I want to turn into a Image then go to "File" to "Output to" to "Image Sequence" and Choose the Image Format and save it...it will turn as many Frames as you want into Images that you can use for DVD Menu"s...Even if you have Motion Menu"s in the Original DVD you can edit them out of the Vob file and use them as Motion menu"s in your DVD authoring Program ,That is if you DVD authoring Program Supports Vob/Mpeg2 Motion menu"s....Cheers

PS: You can also use PowerDVD or WinDVD to take a Picture of any frame in the Vob file or any file that you are Playing....

3. dnet48

dnet48 Member

DVD2AVI has an option to "Save BMP". You just scroll to the menu page you want to save and click this option. Before you can do the saving, make sure your color space is RGB, not YUV, otherwise the Save BMP is disabled.

Once in uncompressed BMP, you can convert to any formats. Get this free tool at www.doom9.org

If you want disc splitting or exact copy of your DVD, check out this site
    www.dvd-replica.com

4. Analog

Analog Member

Thanks for the advice, guys. Tmpgenc wouldn't accept the vobs I'd stripped but I used Dvd2Avi and saved the moving menus out as uncompressed avi's and the stills as Bmp's. I was thinking that I'd have to lay them off to tape and do it the old fashioed way. Thanks again. AnalogDog.

5. young707

young707 Member

Thank you for your help.
    I tried using DVD2AVI to extract a picture. I set the Video - Color Space - to "RGB". Under Option, the "Save BMP" is darkened.
    I select the vob and scroll to the picture I want to extract. But when I click "Save BMP" or type "B" key. Nothing happened. What did I not do? Thank you. Jenn