1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extracting MP3 Audio from NTSC Film Xvid AVI

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by danza108, Dec 30, 2004.

1. danza108

danza108 Member

Is there a definative way of extracting mp3 audio from ntsc film (23.976) xvid avi files. i have tried with virtual dub, demux with mod and extracting with the normal virtual dub. But when i encode there are out of sync problems. So i am guessing its the way i am extracting the audio. Orginal problem in this thread (http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/140490) When i open up the file in Virtual Dub, i get this message:

Virtual Dub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the Source AVI file (audio stream 1). The current preference is to rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatibility. This may introduce up to 8549 ms of shew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, depress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. (bitrate:124.3+/- 15.3 kbps

I am pretty sure that is something to do with getting these sync problems. I can encode perfectly for PAL or NTSC, just not hte NTSC Film format.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

What about reading our 'sticky' threads, expecially http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/129217 ?
    You must:
    1) extract with Virtualdub the .WAV from the AVI with Audio set on 'Full processing mode'. You'll have a > 1 GB file
    2) compress WAV --> MP2 with BeSweet + its GUI, choosing as profile 'MP2 for SVCD'. You'll have a 100-200 MB .MP2 audio file. You can delete the .WAV.
    3) use the MP2 as 'audio input' when you encode AVI --> MPG with TMPGenc.
    Wasn't enough clear?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004