1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Extracting Multiple Audio Tracks From One MP4 File

Discussion in 'Software discussion' started by Rubberbuner89, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Rubberbuner89

Rubberbuner89 Newbie

Hey guys,

I recently finished building my "super" computer, and I've started my own YouTube channel. My goal is to create quality videos but for the past week or so audio "fluctuations" have haunted me. That is until I just recently found out that the recording software I use supports multiple audio tracks.... Now I can raise and lower specific tracks as needed... right... WRONG. The editing software that I'm using does not split the audio. In fact it only lays in one audio track.

Now I know I could probably just find another open source editing software that supports this, but I've become comfortable with this program already and have begun toning in on really making higher quality videos. So I went searching for a third party program that could extract the multiple tracks so I could put them in my editing software individually when i came across this...
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxONkQrgBxQ

I couldn't believe how simple this was. Best part is I already have VLC downloaded. So I went to try this for myself and.... whomp whomp. When I right click on the file I would like to extract I do not have the "Extract Audio Sorce" option as in the video... the picture below shows exactly what I have.

[​IMG]

Anyways, if this option still exists and I just don't know where to look, or have an incorrect setting within windows or VLC, or if it doesn't exist anymore, any help or guidance is appreciated. Also, if you know of another program that will do the same thing for me, let me know.

Thanks in advance,
    Rubberburner89

2. sikosrus

sikosrus Member