1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extracting Music from ISO

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Xonos83, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Xonos83

Xonos83 Member

Hi egain everyone!

Quick question regarding music on ISO's. I was messing around with a few of my backups, and thought I'd try and rip some music off of one of them.

Do I need to use the original UMD disc to rip the music, or can it be done through the ISO? If so, where can I find the music?

The particular game I'm doing this with is Wipeout Pulse. I love the soundtrack, so I'm trying to get it into MP3 format so I can listen to it all the time!

Thanks!

2. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

you can use umdgen to rip from the iso the sound files (.at3 files)

to convert them i dont really know but try using goldwave

there are also another program called at3player but i dont know if it's a converter

3. Xonos83

Xonos83 Member

Awesome!! Thanks man! I'll try it out and report back! Yeah no worries on how to convert the audio...GoldWave is actually one of the better converters. But I've got SonicStage, and just recently installed a new codec for SoundForge (aa3 extension though, should be interesting!)

I shall let you know the better converting program once I've arrived!

Thanks again!

4. Xonos83

Xonos83 Member

Ok, checking back sooner than I thought, lol.

I'm currently in UMDGen, and I've gone into the CSO file (the game is a CSO, had no problems getting inside)

It's showing me 2 directories. SYSDIR and USRDIR. Now inside USRDIR I've got a folder called UCET00713 (I'm assuming it's the game label?). Inside that folder, there are 3 other folders. I've identified a file called LIBMP3.PRX inside the PRX directory, which is inside the UCET00713. Other than that, that's the only audio-based ANYTHING I can see at all.

Any ideas on where to go from here? Thanks!!!