1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extracting Music

Discussion in 'PS2' started by KodeR, Oct 15, 2004.

1. KodeR

KodeR Member

This question may seem a bit odd, but I have a PS2 game with outstanding music. The soundtrack is only available in Japan. There are no mp3s circulating on the internet. And the game has little popularity but easily falls under the radar.

I was wondering if there was a way to extract the music from the disc by opening the BIN as one might would an ISO, by decompiling it or whatever the process is called since ISOs and BINs are relatively the same thing, I think.

2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

It is not that odd man,and I was looking for the same thing also.I found something though in my search for the answer it might help you out.It is a site that gives you a guide on how to stream music from games.The site is http://gamemusic.emugaming.com/tutorial_ripping.php .
    The site I am giving you is explaining how to play music and record it from your computer.I couldn't find anything else that would help me out either,since the files in PS2 games are some extension that can't be converted.I could only find this method,which isn't really that bad.The hard thing though would be getting the music to play just right.I also found the site for the cord that is needed which is http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProd...n.Section_Path=/Root/Cables/AudioVideo/ct_Id> .The cord is used to hook your TV up to your Computer.It has a cord that hooks into the back of the computer,and then has two AV cables that hook to your TV.The AV cables are white and red.You will see them in the guide off the link I gave you.I know you where probably looking for a better answer like I was also,but I hope I helped you out some.

3. KodeR

KodeR Member

Lucky for me I suppose, the cable is something I already have since I use the cable to connect my stereo to my laptop. Works wonders and beats the crap out of buying fancy speakers.

Anyway, thanks for the website, hopefully it'll work, but the hardest part is going to be finding the break in the music, since the songs are looped in each of the levels.

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah man I agree,finding the right spot to start recording is hard.I think if you could record them all in one file.Then go back an edit the file by splitting all the music inside of it up.That would work,but it would still be hard.

5. DJ_Yuz

DJ_Yuz Member

What game is it? For certain games, there are special methods + programs availible.

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

It is probably a new extension DJ_Yuz.Sony normally puts new extensions to all the games.I know there is this one program called gameplayer,but you would still have to input the certain file extension to even extract the music files.It is harder to pull the music out of a game if the extension is unknown by the programs.