1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extracting scenes with subtitles from DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by healy, Jul 23, 2007.

1. healy

healy Member

Sorry If I've posted this in the wrong forum.

Have several foreign language DVDs, from which I would like to extract scenes from complete with audio and subtitles. Afterward, I would like to combine these scenes on a single DVD - Sort of a compilation DVD.

I can extact and edit using Videoredo, or Ulead's MovieFactory v4 SE, or even Nero Vision Express v3. But none of these seem to retain the Subtitles.

Would appreciate any suggestions on how I could accomplish this. If at all possible, a free or low cost solution is much preferred.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions and comments.

2. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

I'm thinking a quick way to do this would be to use DVD Shrink.

You could use Shrink in Re-author mode, and then start/stop frame, to save the scene you want from each DVD. This will create a full set of DVD files (IFO, BUP, VOB) for the scene and preserve the subtitles. Save the scene from each DVD in a separate folder.

After all the scenes are saved, then with Shrink again, use Open Files to browse to the 1st folder. Switch to Re-author mode and pull the title over to the left side Compilation window.

Then browse to the next folder and add the next title, etc. After you've added all the titles then burn the DVD. You'll have a compilation DVD of all your scenes, including the subs.

3. healy

healy Member

Thanks Moonrocks. Admittedly I've never played with DVD Shrink in Re-author mode. Will check it out.