1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

extracting wii games

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by ferrytran, Nov 20, 2007.

1. ferrytran

ferrytran Guest

is anyone here haveing a problem extracting wii games. everytime i try to open the iso with winrar, it says the file is corrupted or not the right format. it has happen to me with like 5 different games already and i think theres something wrong with my computer. is there nething im not doing right besides trying to extract the game correctly? all im getting is a corrupted .iso file. please help.

2. dazone

dazone Member

you either have missing files or a bad corrupted one...

i have no issues... are you using latest one?

im still using version 3.62

3. ferrytran

ferrytran Guest

im using 3.7 winrar. so u r able to even open the .iso file to see the files in it? cuase i cant even do that and thats the problem. and i cant open it with dvd dycrypter to burn. it. anything else i might be doin wrong?

4. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

when u download large sets of files they come with par files
    u need to do a search on google for quickpar and install it

when u have them run the par2 file this will check the entire set and fix them.

u can then extract them in the normal way

5. ferrytran

ferrytran Guest

the quickpar program is not working for me. the part is that the iso file comes corrupted or is unkown format or something. i can extract the part files perfectly but when i get the .iso file and try to open it or burn it, it wont let me and it says its corrupted or its an unknown format.

6. GRIM1

GRIM1 Member

if it is an .ISO file it should just burn with IMG Burn, otherwise if it is a Wii file u have to use the unscrambler to make and ISO file.

google it and find a copy, unless someone else has a link

7. shizzzon

shizzzon Member

i told this to someone else on here before.

If you start to get corrupted file(s) from compressed files, do an entire sector scan of all of your hard drives to make sure that you do not have bad sectors.

Whoever i told this too before was using a torrent and people were sharing a corrupted file.

Now, you can't always view ISO files in winrar even if you have before. It may have something to do with the way the image was made. Now, when you say you can't even burn it, then it's corrupted for sure... maybe.

Have you recently been tinkering inside your pc case?
    Check all IDE\sata cables by unplugging them and replugging them back up with the PC off of course.
    Installed a new controller card and hard drive(s) running off of it? it may be having a driver issue...