1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extremely messed up xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by stevexbox, Jun 10, 2007.

1. stevexbox

stevexbox Regular member

I accidentally removed the partitions xyz on my hard drive.
    Then at that point the xbox (I have unleashx dash) reboots to the unleashx logo then goes to the dashboard wen i try to launch any xbe's. Then my brother launched vice city. When he rebooted the xbox, it goes directly to the xbox live logon screen.I cant get out of this screen. If i press a, nothing happens, then if i press be the screen whites out then goes back to the same screen.

What can i do?

2. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

is your xbox hooked up to an ethernet cable? if so try taking it and see if it boots to ms dash and if it is a softmod you can uninstall and reinstall it. if that doesn't work then you can use xbox hdm if you have your eeprom. if you dont have your eeprom you will have to do a hotswap.

3. stevexbox

stevexbox Regular member

Its a softmod
    I tried taking out the ethernet plug, and unplugging the power cord, and pressing the power and eject button.I then plugged the power cord back in and nothing happens. I dont have an eeprom, so i have to hotswap. What hardrive interface does the xbox use? Will my computer be able to support it? My computer is an HP Pavilion A1025C.

4. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

5. stevexbox

stevexbox Regular member

6. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

yes all xboxes can be hotswaped

7. stevexbox

stevexbox Regular member

So any xbox can be hotswapped with my motherboard?
    Doesnt it say that i only have 1 IDE connector?
    Do i have to buy a connecting cable or anything before i start opening up my xbox and computer?

8. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

oh sory i thought u ment your xbox motherboard sorry um do you have a sata computer hard drive?

9. stevexbox

stevexbox Regular member

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/gener...cname=c00361570

Thats my motherboard, i suppose it is SATA.
    Do you think i could still do it?

And i oculd launch games, i think i might buy the game 007 for the softmod exploit, does it support loading from the memory unit within the game? I cant put saves onto my hard drive because i cant get to the main page of the ms dash.

10. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

that link doesnt work, but your probrbly using a sata cable for ur hd and an ide cable for your disk drives so just do what that tutorial says but your main hd will be your sata hd.

11. stevexbox

stevexbox Regular member

yeah, my computer uses SATA drives
    I have one IDE Connector
    The computers SATA drive will be primary while the xbox hard drive will take up the IDE Slot.

12. stevexbox

stevexbox Regular member

Do you think the softmod will work since i can run games?
    Will i need any cables for teh hotswapping?

13. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

if you can still run games and you still have a softmod installer gamesave on ur e drive then you can just pop in the game that you softmodded with then uninstall and re-install the softmod or ftp from the softmod installer. Having two ide cables will make hotswaping easier than just having the one in ur xbox.

14. stevexbox

stevexbox Regular member

I dont think i will be able to get any cables form the store since it is far, (i live in a recluse community).
    Would i still be able to hotswap without the extra peripherials?
    And can you load gamesaves straight from the memoery card in 007 Agent Under Fire?

15. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

I think you could still hotswap without an extra ide cable if you take the ide cable out of the motherboard and dvd drive and hook it to ut pc motherboard but it might further mess up ur xbox. Can you still play backup games burned to diske? if so you could just burn a slayer disk and fix it with that if not, do what the tutorial says on hotswaping unhook the dvd drive from the ide first then turn on the xbox and it should boot to an error message then take the ide cable out of ur xbox and plug it to your pc then resume what the tutorial says and be sure to backup your eeprom. then you can either fix what you need or use the eeprom to rebuild your hd with xbox hdm