1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eyetoy: Play 2, brunging troubles.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Halberd, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Halberd

Halberd Member

Hey guys, I'm a new member to this forum, but have beenviewing here alot; some great members here, sharing great advice! Anyway, I have a fairly important question for you all:

I've been backing up games for a while now and usually can successfully copy them; but the new eye-toy game (yet to be relased on NTSC) doesnt work, at all, on my SM disc. It is only a small 1.38gb file, but when using SM, it doesnt recognise it as a game as all, just gives the red sign signifying a no disc error....!

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks soo much!

2. Halberd

Halberd Member

bump, kind of important :p

3. katolee

katolee Guest

Not sure if this is correct or not, but it's a shot.

You mentioned the game is not out for NTSC, maybe your chip can only play NTSC backups and not imported backups. Try patching the image from PAL to NTSC and see if that has any affect on how the sys reads and plays it...

4. Halberd

Halberd Member

Nope, I use a Sawpmagic disc with a slide card, so no problem with modes...

The game is PAL, as well as my Playstation; and I've backedup alot of games in the past.

Any other theories for me?

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

haven't got this game yet so this is just a guess but i know eye toy groove required the use of cd loader to work with swapmagic so it might be worth giving cd loader a try with your eye toy play 2 game backup

6. Halberd

Halberd Member

ok cheers!

I've never used cdloader before, so if anyone could give me a quick run down of what to do with it (combine it with the iso etc.) I'd apprecioate it!

Also, would I use dvdloader, since the game is a dvd game?

7. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

7yes you can use dvd loader instead of cd loader, dvd loader is just a modified version of cd loader that you burn to a dvdr disc and you can get it from the link in my sig
    to use dvd loader first you download it, then use win rar to extract the iso file that you burn to a dvdr disc
    booting with dvd loader
    1. load up your swapmagic dvd and swap for dvd loader by flip/slide and press x
    2. dvd loader boots(if you want any of the sub menu options press x now, scroll up/down to the one you want and press x)press eject and insert your swapmagic dvd, press eject to send back in
    3. wait for it to say ps2 dvd in lower left of tv screen, when that appears press x
    4.wait for swap by ea method prompt to appear on tv, when this appears swap for backup by flip/slide and press x
    5. your game should now boot

if you decide to use cd loader instead of dvd loader you can use the same procedure above except in step 1 you use swapmagic cd instead of swap magic dvd to boot your loader

8. Halberd

Halberd Member

Thanks devilhunt! So in effect, dvdloader is just aniother boot disc?!

I'm curious as well (thanks for your help so far!) but I have some other baclu[s I have been unable to use; Hitman: Contracts, Sonic Legends, 007 (the new one), Harry potter prisoner of Azkaban: would this dvdloader perhaps work to use these games?

Also, while I'm asking soo many questions (thanks again!), waht does the dvd/cd loader actually do? Does it help write the ToC as some games are really large?

Thanks!

9. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

correct it's a boot disc that used in conjunction with swapmagic to help it load games it can't on its own you see most games just check once of the disc is an orignal but there are a few that check twice if the disc is orignal thats were cd/dvd loader comes in it helps defeat the second check, don't know about sonic legends but h potter,hit man and 007 eon all require cd/dvd loader to work

here's a usefull link to a site that lists problem games with swapmagic and there fixes http://www.swapmagicfix.com

10. Halberd

Halberd Member

Wow, thankyou so much devil! I've had soo many games before that would not load with SM, and now I can use them. I'm very grateful! Thanks for the help.