1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eyetoy possibilities

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Oner, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

I find it really dumb that we have to get this stupid Eye of Judgment thing just to get the camera. Ya can't just buy the camera on it's own..

3. kfontenot

kfontenot Member

4. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Yes, you can get the camera separate for about 40 usd at walmart, no way in heck would I waste my money on that stupid eye of judgement bundle.

As for the things you can do with it Ive done a chat with an Pseye first hand and the resolution is amazing for a webcam and the directional mic does an excellent job it sounded like he was wearing a usb mic the quality was that good and he was a good 10 feet away from the pseye.

The only doubts I have with it would be the ease of use of eyecreate, I really see it being a pain in the a$$ to do anything with, though I can't say for certain because I haven't gotten a pseye yet, but I'll be getting one in about a weeks time.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  5. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

Don't call it a webcam! lol I was reading about it yesterday when my PSM--er, Official Playstation magazine arrived. The guy was very adamant about it.

This thing really does sound cool. From the "wireless" chat capabilities (including noise cancelling), to video recognition (it'll recognize you so you don't have to specify who you are when signing in etc.), to the ability of 3-D (or is it 4-D) interfaces (like in that movie Minority Report, is it?), it does sound great.

For 30 bucks, maybe I should get it too. I think I may add it to my Amazon wishlist! lol

6. tragicon

tragicon Member

You can get it for free with Eye of Judgement which graphics wise
    I think looked pretty cool, don't know about the gameplay

7. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

I caught a deal. Someone sold me the eye of judgement package for $35. The camera is great. It's a lot better than the eyetoy. I just wanted the camera. I couldn't tell you about the game play of the eye of judgement since I have yet to play it.

8. tragicon

tragicon Member

well there's a gameplay video here, that explains how it all works. I'm pretty intrigued - though I'm sure that eventually, they'll sell the Eye without the game. Would be interested in getting your opinion of the game once you've played it. I think I want to get it as I'm always keen on new ways of using my PS3, and the trading cards stuff sounds fresh and different.

9. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

They, as I've alreddy said sell the PSeye seperate from the eoj pack.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  10. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

I thrashed the whole eye of judgement idea, but once I tried it it wasn't that bad. It's not a game that I'm going to play everyday but it was a little relaxing from all of the shooters I play. I'm waiting on the unofficial pc driver for it because it beats the crap out of my webcam.