1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EZ 3 IN 1 Question

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by jdog29, Jun 21, 2007.

1. jdog29

jdog29 Member

Is there any other utility, other than the Rudolph 3 in 1 ExPack Tool that can run GBA games on the EZ 3 in 1?

Is there a way to use the third option on the Moonshell Menu and Boot into GBA mode, instead of using First option, Games, then choosing 3in1_ExpPack_Tool.nds

Also do any of the GBA roms need to be patched with the EZ 3 in 1? I got a few that do not work.

Thanks in advance,

~jdog29

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

There is another tool which I think is called gbaLDR, I have not used it though.

You can boot the GBA game that is in the NOR of the 3-1 from the "boot slot-2 option" but cannot change games using that, you still have to use the 3in1 tool to change games, set rumble, use ram or place games in psram . (also it is not Moonshell, you are not in Moonshell until you press the Media button)

Yes GBA games need to be patched, you use the EZFlash IV client software to patch the GBA games.

3. defdave

defdave Guest

And another question about this....can the EZ 3-1 be used on my old fat DS?

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

There was a full size GBA version that works in the original DS, but I don't know anywhere that sells it.

Technically the DS Lite version works in the original DS, problem is it dosn't fit, if you cut it and stuff it in it will work, but you then cannot remove it.

5. defdave

defdave Guest

Hmmm....That stinks. Oh well. I really wanted to grab this so I could play my GBA games as well as utilize the ram for the browser, but it looks like I'm screwed now.

6. defdave

defdave Guest

^^^^But thanks for the reply, Mr Hanky...you're always THE most helpful person, so thank you. :)

7. jdog29

jdog29 Member

What is the best way to patch to roms for the GBA to work with the EZ 3 in 1. I have some that work, and some that do not. I think it is because the games need patched. Is the EZ4 client the way to go? And is there a way to patch all of them at the same time, like highlight all and patch; or does it have to be one at a time?

Thanks, Good Day.

~jdog29