1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EZ Flash 3 in 1 expansion pak

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Doctor_DS, May 12, 2007.

1. Doctor_DS

Doctor_DS Regular member

I just wonder if i need another micro sd card to play the GBA games. or i just can run it at the slot-1.

2. HG27

HG27 Guest

I've been wondering the about that too. I think that you don't need another micro sd card. I think that you just put your gba games onto the micro sd card in slot-1 device and use the boot slot-2 funtion like on m3 ds simply.

3. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

The EZFlash 3-1 does not use media cards for storage, it has 32MB of memory, files are copied to the EZFlash from a slot-1 device and then run.

I think it is possible to copy a gba game to the EZFlash and then play on just that game without needing the slot-1 device, but you can't change games without it.

4. spathi

spathi Regular member

I have an R4DS and an EZ Flash V 3in1 expansion.

The 3in1 expansion does not have any way of loading roms on it without a compatible slot1 device.

The EZF team have been kind enough to release their APIs to R4 and M3 team. To load GBA software onto the 3in1 expansion, I boot the normal way and then run a loader software that I found here:

http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=4749

This software writes the selected file into the 3in1 expansion Flash ROM. Once written, if the DSL is booted from slot2, the 3in1 will boot the loaded software even with the slot1 cart removed. The DSL can be powered off, and the cart can also be moved to a different DSL, and the software will be retained.

The software can also be used to enable the onboard RAM and rumble features of 3in1 expansion. Just make sure the reset flag is enabled in your R4/M3S loader before running the GBA loader.

5. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

This is what I thought, one thing though, is it possible for you to load GBA games (and load straight away) from the R4 menu using the newer firmwares? I'm looking into getting the EZFlash 3-1, however I would much rather be able to load game straight from the menu rather than load an app first.

6. spathi

spathi Regular member

The current firmware (1.08) does not offer this. Future firmwares might, but I am only being hopeful.

IMO it is not too much of a hassle to use the GBA loader, it starts quickly and works just like the R4/M3S loader (looks like a console application though).

7. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Yeah I know it's not much hassel, it's just it would be an advantage to using my slot-2 M3, anyway it seems I can't get one atm, kicktrading has them on back order and winsunx dosn't like me, whenever i try to login it throws me back to the homepage ¬_¬
    Where did you get yours?

8. spathi

spathi Regular member