1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by PsycSteve, Apr 28, 2007.

1. PsycSteve

PsycSteve Member

ok my xbox says my f drive has 0 space in it but everyone on here says it the largest space is there a way to open it or what do i have to do im new at all this so i really dont know can someone help
    o and if it matters i have UNleashX

2. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

you ight need to format it. find the format option, the password is xbox. then select f drive and format it. then you should be able to see your free space. also how big is your hard drive

3. PsycSteve

PsycSteve Member

its the harddrive that came with it

4. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

ok then you probably dont need to do anything. there should be a couple gigs on c and about 4 or 5 gigs on e. you dont need f

5. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Theres usually between 2-4 gigs of a F: partition on a stock drive.

I'm beginning to wonder if krj15489 has ever seen a modded xbox.

The drive is laid out in the following partitions and sizes.

C: 600Mb

E: around 4 gigs

F: Whatever is left after taking out...

X: 759Mb
    Y: 759Mb
    Z: 759Mb

Add it up.. Even on the smallest stock xbox drives it leaves a little space for an F: partition.

I don't trust the unleash tools to format partitions. I use the xwizard disk.. the format menu is simple, and it also has a way to create a F: partition if for some reason one hasn't been made by the installer. You need to look in your dash settings and see if there is a switch for "use F:"

6. PsycSteve

PsycSteve Member

ok then thats exactly what info i needed to know on f i want to add a new hard drive and get the most space i can out of this sucker.. any tips on how to do this

7. janrocks

janrocks Guest

My pleasure..

Is your xbox chipped, or is it a softmod?

8. PsycSteve

PsycSteve Member

soft mod

9. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Here you are Steve.. follow it to the letter (better still, print it out so you have a reference while doing it) and everything will go just fine.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/203286

Be very careful with the lock/unlock tools. It's better to try to leave your original drive in a locked state and just put it to one side in the anti-static packaging as a full backup in case of emergency.

Your tdata and udata folders on E: contain all your game saves and custom soundtracks. Back them up to your pc..

Enjoy!!..

10. PsycSteve

PsycSteve Member

thanks ill get back to ya

11. PsycSteve

PsycSteve Member

ok heres the thing i just got this pc so im not gonna open it to switch drives cause im pretty shure the tutorial you gave requiers that second i think its for evox wich i have unleashX i appreaciate what you gave me i was just thinkin though and iv been reading on other site's about auto installer and a program called chimp 2.o and there saying that i can add a new drive without all the extra stuff in that tutorial

12. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

i do have a soft modded xbox and when i installed the mod i did not have a f drive. i had c e and xyz. i didnt have an f drive untill i upgraded from stock. maby i should of had an f but didnt know it