1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by baabaa, Mar 15, 2003.

1. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Hehehe
    I sat & watched qualifying with a mate & he agreed with me that Schuey is toying with the new car still to see how hard he can push it.
    Michael should need a wheelbarrow to carry his testicles in !!?!! LOL

Anyway I've finally cracked Futurama Season 2 [4 DVD Set] which was being a bitch!. 3 DVD-R's still to sort out tho...laters

Bring on 2nd corner mayhem tomorrow : )-

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Have you heard of the comic VIZ.

Buster Gonad, had that problem - did not mention whether he was an F1 driver though.LOL

3. herbsman

What 'Buster Gonad and his Unfeasibly Large Testicles'...'The Fat Slags'..'Roger Melly-The Bloke on the Telly' !! etc etc

Nah , aint got a clue wot ya on about. lol

Right got people come round for socials later [little smoke & drinky poos]: )-
    Time to put chicken in the oven & think of the three S's
    1) Sh*t
    2) Shave
    3) Shower

I haven't heard them mention weather for this GP but if it's anything like home here it might throw up some surprises

"Unless I'm very much mistaken...oh! And I AM very much mistaken" !!

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Well, we nearly had FERRARI burgers for lunch.

Good race, schuey made me laugh, bloody fire all around, getting covered in fire extinguishers - and he just sits there cool as f&^k - nice one.

Shame about montoya, I think he was in a good position to win, it seems to me (out of the 2 at williams) he ALWAYS suffers from engine coughs - does he overdrive the car???????

Nice little battle between kimi and ruebens, but he kept a cool head.

I think ruebens just lacks that little bit of grunt when it comes to overtaking - come on ruebens, take a few risks.

Once again schuey came home glorious, gotta admit the new car looked more impressive this week.

Next race monaco - coultards little beauty, I always love a wet race here - very tight around the cicane always a fav spot for spinners.

5. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Damn crappy BMW engines!!!

Oh well, I hope he wins in Monte Carlo.

6. baabaa

baabaa Active member

There seems to be a bit of nit-picking between BMW and Williams, concerning whether it's the car or engine.

If something fails like muchos smoke coming out of the rear, my money is on the engine.

See if Ferrari will sell one of theirs.

The Williams ferrari - gotta nice ring to it don't you think.LOL

7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Well it's time for the big one.

We need to make sure this thread is the top of the list this weekend.

Will Ferrari conquer Monaco or will DC pull out another immaculate drive for Maclaren??????

I love this race, especially if it rains mid-race.
    The pole is very important here, but as usual the weather can produce tears and ouches.

I hope you'll all be tuning in.......

8. herbsman

I'm a Ferrari fan but I'd like to see Jenson Button come 3rd this weekend. Providing Renault give him a good enough car.
    I saw that Renault are changing their usual V10 engine..
    When is the new McLaren car ready ? It's been unveiled but will it see the light of F1 GP this season. It's looks a sleek machine : )

9. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

MONTOYA WINS!!!!!!!!!!!

Eat that Ferrari!!!

10. herbsman

James Allen mentioned alongside Martin Brundle that Ferrari are to sign MONTOYA & MASSA to drive for them in the future..

Interesting

11. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Yep, well done Montoya - finally u completed one without screwing up ur engine.

Another 5 laps and I think the Ferrari would have picked them all off.

I think Kimi is looking TOO consistant, he keeps getting the good points and just fending off schuey - don't think that will last for much longer, cos schuey seems to be VERY cool/relaxed, the master will pull it off.

Renault are nearly there now, a few more horsepower out of the engine and I think they'll be up there for sure.....

12. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Well it aint Montoya's fault that BMW cant make a good engine.

If Montoya can keep this up then he's still in with a shout. Anyway, I doubt that Schumacher would have ever picked either of them off.

13. baabaa

baabaa Active member

chriso123

Bet your looking forward to today's race.

I think Montreal is an excellent track for williams - their engine power can really be used here, and I think that was evident in the qualifying......

But as an avid ferrari fan, it needs to really rain - rainmaster loves those conditions.

Looking forward to it later........

14. baabaa

baabaa Active member

ooooooooooooooooh yes, nice victory for schuey (m).
    Top of the championship where he belongs.

Alonso did extremely well, no real incidents except the kimi puncture, jordan steams.....

Still, the better car I believe was the williams - super under braking, but no one had the balls to have a go - shame, I think it would have made better viewing.

Just to go off topic (slightly), I was watching the MotoGp on bbc 2(uk) earlier, anybody see it - valentino rossi picking them off with ease but just failed to get first place - excellent racing that was....

15. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Time for F1 to return to the top of the safety valve.....

God damit, I sulked after the first split, I cheered after the second split - I swore profusely after Kimi crossed the finish line - 0.032s quicker - get schuey to put some lead in his ass - that'll get back the 0.032 secs.....

Funny feeling about this one - Williams lookin very comfortable, Trulli looking good - however he has a lack of top speed.

Kimi looking TOO consistant AGAIN.

And the Michelin boys are getting the benefit in the first half of the lap....

C'mon Schuey - you can do it son, get Barricello to cause some havoc - drain some of his juice overnight - he can catapult infront of everyone then, slow them up - open the door....

Anyones race I think and VERY good chance of rain - that should put michelin runners back to the bar.....

16. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

what a cheap move by montoya!! shumy had the line plain as day, oh well, thats racing.

17. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Totally agree with you darthnip - ross braun said it all after the race - Montoya has no class when it comes to overtaking.....

Anyway nice to see ruebens on the podium.....

Good solid race by ralph though, cannot fault his drive.....

Man, I loved coulthard's little play, itv just cut to it as it was happening - scared the shit out of me from the in car view....>LOL

Shame out Kimi - or was it, I know I was cheering - any other anti maclaren boys/girls have a little grin at that one.......

18. nik99

nik99 Regular member

cmon,baba ,,face it..only Kimi and montoya can overtake Ms with style..Dc has run out of steam and RS..??\

1-i mean -evn Ms admittd in his stmt- that Jm left him enuff room- if he hadnt-then Jm wud have spun. cause MS wud have clipped hi m more side on-actaully Ms ran wide-al the Tv commenatrators said that..ross commnets??-hes a scud after all.

2- by da same yardstick,u wud call alonso sudden brakin move on Dc also ok,right?..he wud have got them both injured or some poor marshall dead like in Oz -if DC hadnt veerd and ruined his own race..

KImi wud hav had it da bag--if not for his engine-dam mac and those unrelaible engines.

as an aside i hope this doesnt get kimi's goat too much.
    im a mac fan..but i see hope only in kimi..dc is a party poopr..Mika was the only one who cud take the fight to and beat MS
    its this same unrelaibilty that got Mika frustrated and got him 2 leave.

i mean ,cmon...darth,baba.did ul really enjoy watchin last years races..MS winning almost every race ..leading from start to end..phthatww..
    am a real fan..wanna see some real fights for the lead and some real overtaking..like the one mika pulled on MS in spa 00.one of the greatest moves..
    (hav seen many such including senna ,mansell and others aand that WAs on of the best)

so dont wannn let the frustation get to kimi and he loses the spirit to fight..

after al kimi and montoya (wat say chriso)..
    r the only ones giving ms a run for his money
    peace ]
    NIK

19. herbsman

I actually have to admit baabaa that I feel it was a fair over taking manoeuvre...

If M.S had of pulled it off , I'd be the fist to big him up for it !: )

Ralf seems to have learnt all level head ways from his brother & has for a while now ...not be so erratic. Given a car that was 1 second a lap faster than it had been aswell , he seemed happy enough today.
    I watched Montoya when he was racing in the states & he wears his testicles on his sleeves for sure , I sort of admire this !
    Although as stated above he can lack the finesse of some other drivers , finesse doesn't win you silverware/trophies/points : )

I am a Ferrari fan yes , but it was an enjoyable spectacle all the same today
    I agree with that comment about suddenly going to on-board footage of Coulthard just avoiding the Renault - made me heart speed up slightly [bold]LOL[/bold]

[​IMG]

20. baabaa

baabaa Active member

No offense, but after translating your post, I do agree with what your saying.

I didn't like Mika much However he produced some real good sparring with schuey - which has sadly been missed since Mika's withdrawal.

And yes the past 2 seasons have been rather low key when it comes to hard racing......

Even though I am a ferrari fan, the last 2 seasons did not contain ENOUGH good racing.

The regulations this year have brought more cars into the front line up and generally the standard has now picked up.

Regarding the move on schuey, I was stating the UNCONVENTIONAL overtaking manoevre that Montoya did that is all - we have seen alot of this, remember last season HE DID THE SAME TO DC - bet you weren't cheering Montoya then.......

Anyway nice to see some REAL critisism.

Yes I hope Kimi gets back in the saddle, cos the championship is by no means over, and therefore means we could be in for an excellent 2nd half of the season - and some REAL RACING.....

Cheers.........Baaaaaaaaaaa!

Oh herbs that is such a cool picture - is it of you?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Beware of the Pixies - they move in over night and turn your life upside down

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2003