1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by baabaa, Mar 15, 2003.

1. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Well Williams were in conrol.....throughout.

Excellent drive by RS and JM - proving that Williams have definately got the edge at the moment.........

I see MS got 3rd..... took KR and D.C out of the pits.......Lovely - 3rd was the best he could get - surprising really, as the race developed I was expecting MS to finish 5th at best.....

So the championship is REALLY tight now, Williams just 3 points behind Ferrari in the constructors, and the championship table lookin nice......haven't seen a championship like this for some time......
    Bloody ITV screwing up the coverage......cheers folks.....missed the final lap etc.....derrrrrrrr!!!!

2. nik99

nik99 Regular member

qualfying results
    RS JM MS KR DC

race results
    RS JM MS KR DC

Duh..?
    did they race at all..?
    YAWN..magny cours lived up to its rep as magny bores..how the journos call it..

the only overtaking which happnd -was in pits Dc did MS.and then MS did them both..

well none of us got it right ,,guess v all underestimated ralfie...

but michelins were good.!!!!
    and yes i like the way da championship is shaping up..really tight....unlike this race..GRRR.

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Bring on [bold]Sliverstone [/bold]

Montoya stated that he thinks that Williams will be lacking at Silverstone...
    Interesting !! (unlike this race)

4. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

I hope Michelin can get their act together and produce a good rain tyre.

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

LOL, looks like the weather may hold - hope so...

6. herbsman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crossed fingers for 30 degree celsius weather holding ...

7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Don't care who they drive for but I want the Brits to all have a good one - inc Mr coul, c'mon grow some nuts and lets see if you've got some hunger after magny cours.....

Of course I wouldlike MS to be victorius......

8. nik99

nik99 Regular member

Two very confused teams

MC laren-
    No matter what will happen, Norbert Haug doesn't think that the MP4/18 project was a failure even if the MP4/19 is scheduled to begin the 2004 season : "It doesn't matter if our next car is called MP4/18 or 19. We didn't waste any money because it is not a failure, it is a long term project. We will get the benefits one day. There are no worries or panic here. Our MP4/17D still has the potential to win races."

The bridgestone team at Ferrari
    Hisao Suganuma, Technical manager at Bridgestone, doesn't have the answers to all his questions : "After the European GP, our situation was rather confused. We analysed the data but we were not able to understand what happened. We were not competitive enough and we didn't know why. Today, we are still not sure if it is because of our tyres. As for the French GP, we have no excuse : it's our fault. Even if the Nurburgring and Magny-Cours are two very different tracks, the same problem occurred : a general lack of grip."

guess Willaims and Chriso will have the last laugh at silverstone.....
    cheers..

9. herbsman

[​IMG]

It looks like it could be raining for Saturday/Sunday ...

It'll be a lot cooler than the 33 degrees celcius here today for sure anyway !

D'oh

10. nik99

nik99 Regular member

guys,,of with da gloves

wats ur predictions for today---Pole ,rain or no rain..

and tomorrow---?.

11. herbsman

On the weather report this morning they said 'it could rain & if it does it could well be a downpour'...but it's warm at the moment here in the south of england so - fingers crossed !
    If it is gonna rain it'll probably be towards the end of qualifying today.

My prediction : Michael Schumacher to get pole & win the race tomorrow too ;-)

Just watched the 'Goodwood Festival' with some of the old F1 cars being shown off. Montoya & Button were there - oh yeah! So was Murray Walker
    [bold]LOL[/bold]

Prediction for championship title :
    1) Michael Schumacher
    2) Ralf Schumacher
    3) Juan Pablo Montoya '

[​IMG]

12. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Well I missed the qualifying today, due to my dumb ass EX company givin me the heave ho.....
    - trying to sort out legal representation...

Man I am narked.....no warnings, just straight into a disciplinary hearing - and goodbye - twats.....for what - the reasons are still a bloody mystery to me.....

Keeping my spirits up anyway (in the form of a nice bootle of southern comkfort)

Anyway - Rubinio is on pole - LOL that was a first, definately not expecting that....

Howver, Trulli - good one BUT I think there is a definate strategy difference there....

Raikonen is there again - boring.......(bias view...LOL)

De Matta has turned some heads I thinks, hope he can keep with the pace - cos he is splitting JM and MS - mmm that will be an interesting start (de matta must be light)....

Villneuve had a good sesion from what I have heard also...

Well I think the weather with hold tomorrow, and I think Ruebens will gallop off as I belive he is also light - but he could bunch the pack up behind him and cause some nice overtaking.....

Anyway - prediction time........wet or dry....

1. RB
    2. MS
    3. JM

Man I think I am far off the mark here and just to add - I really would like to see D.C to come through the field and turn my prediction on it's a..e....

Have a good one chaps - cos I am in the prtocess of getin wasted now.

Man - injustice sucks, anyone ever been involved in a kangeroo court.....?

Totally agreed with my ex employers comments and agreed to their conditions in order to safeguard my job - Uh made no difference at all - cannot do right from wrong - well I aint takin it lying down -this was premeditated for sur....

The sheep will alwys bounce bak..... Hic!!!!!

Man - why are sense of humours droppin all over the place - lets all just chill, sit back, have a smoke and a smile and put on the F1.....

13. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Sorry to hear about the job man, hope you get it sorted. Kangaroo courts can be a real pain in the ass.

14. herbsman

As Chris also stated , sorry to hear about your job [you little bouncing ball of fluff]
    Injustice sucks & I have been at the sharp end before but I made it awkward for my ex-employers even though I didnt get any extra payment outta them...I tried !! lol

Qualifying was funny cos the track got worse...so Rubino got the best of it really although he still put in a stonker of a time.
    It's been pi$$ing down with rain all night so it is gonna be an interesting race I reckon.
    Michellin have the best intermediate tyre so I hope it's dry or well wet...TIFFOSE :)

15. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Yeah, cheers for the comments chaps....much appreciated....

Got a real bad head this morning - that southern comfort really did some damage last night....LOL....well I asked the bottle to do it's worse....and it did....

Man, it has amazed me regarding the tyre issue, as Bridestone - just haven't made the improvements that michilen have...they have seemed to just sit around the same tyre and specs....

Obviously they have been trying to improve behind the scenes - however from a spectators point of view, all I have seen is an amazing leap forward with the michilens and no response from bridgestone.......

Anyway - C'mon Ferrari - bugger the tyres - lets see a GOOD start (we aint seen many from ferrari) and lets see if we can dance....

Have a good one - may have a little tipple again when I have recovered again - got a nice lie in tomorrow....LOL

16. nik99

nik99 Regular member

hey,,bba,,,,dam sorry to hear about your job loss.i know how it feels ..been there before...it feels like shit..hope u get it sorted out ...and adjust with all the free time.. lol..
    BTw,,wats a kangaroo court?

but on the other hand.
    .grrrr.splutter...im absolutly livid with rage...lol..heh he.because..
    Herbs,,ur list doesnt hav KR in for the cahmpionship..
    i mean u not ven considering him...u expecting him to slip back into the woodworkk...???????

Pole -no MS..and the race will also not go to him...
    michelins are too good..RB was a fluke ,me thinks,,cause every1 else messed it up a bit..

i feel RS and KR hav a good chance today besieds of corse ..RB

for the championship..KR will be in the top 3.

lets hope it doenst rain today...else vl see a boat race like the brazil one...

17. baabaa

baabaa Active member

nik99

Yeah I think KR needs to get some real good results in to stay in contention, cos it seems like he could be slipping.....

However my championship prediction as follows:

1. MS
    2. KR
    3. JM
    4. RB
    5. RS

A kangeroo court is when, basically it is a joke affair - and there for no apparent reason, also premeditated results.......my ex employers are in real trouble, as they have given my no pre - warning at all, and have stated that there is no gross misconduct either.

Now according to THEIR grievence/disciplinary procedures handbook - they have not followed them at all - and basically have not dealt with the situation in accordence with these procedures.....no excuses - procedures are laid out to protect the employer AND the employee from miscarriages - in this case the procedures were ingnored and they have gone about it illegally for there advantage - basically condemming me from the start.......

The sheep is gonna have his day........and it's right around the corner.....
    I have also got witnesses to this so called farce, to which they are backin my play.....

Bring it on....yeah

Ever seen a sheep with a war face.....LOL

Man, what a race......

Thats the best race I have seen for a VERY long time......loads of overtaking and overall some excellent display of driving skills....

Hat goes off to RB - he showed some real nads and a cool head - Super.....

ITV cut away just when the stupid old macdonald decided to do a track walk - what a jerk.....only to return to complete mayhem - and MS down to 14.......

Geez, thought that De Matta was gonna hold KR off - he did a great job though.....

D.C came through at the end - well done, also to button who kicked JV's ass.

Unfortunate for KR to loose it and let JM into 2nd - panicing I think.....

Good one MS for keeping in there, but overall RB has to be my driver of the day in my opinion......

I hope this race, puts a stop to the talk about getting it moved from silverstone as I think you'll agree - this race is gonna be a hard one to top ----------Excellent....

Came at th right time I think....I hope there is more to come like this......Yeah...._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Beware of the Pixies - they move in over night and turn your life upside down

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2003
  18. herbsman

I am furious w/ ITV and that cutting away just as that guy came on the track [think that Silverstone should suffer a fine at least for that breach of security & that the FOOL in question should be locked up in a loony bin for 3 months cos he could have been killed if he'd done it a bit closer to the bend he was running to]...and as you stated baabaa the next thing we knew after AD BREAK [ggrrrr] Michael is back in 14th place !!!
    Great race by Rubins , he deserved the race today for pulling off some well smart over-taking manouvres...although he wasn't the only one doing it.
    It was a rather special race as to changing field etc
    All in all - [bold]an entertainging GP[/bold]

P.S. Kimi is an alright driver but what is it with certain Fin's needing a personality transplant ?: )
    [​IMG]

19. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - Dont be saying that on a Fin owned website lol.

Excellent GP today, or should i say yesterday since its now 2am nearly. Well done Rubins, he is most certainly one of the peoples champions.

I always found it strange that McLaren teamed up with Mercedes after creating the best car ever with BMW with the McLaren F1. Im hoping that BMW get rid of williams and build their own shells. They would be the third team to d that i think, Ferrari and Toyota.

Chris

20. nik99

nik99 Regular member

yea...one of the best races in this season so far...

me thinks besides the brazilian race this one was the most action packed...
    also this one had more overtakings than all the races in this season combined

Hurray for silver stone... i wanna see this circuit next year also..
    Double yea.
    .for kimi who came close but not quite...damn hes good,and aggressive.
    .but needs to mature...on holding up to pressure...he lets go within 2 laps of being chased closely..

look at brazil ..or last year when he was about to get his first win..but gave way to MS..

and baaba..KR is not slipping..see he stole one point back...lol..MS will steal 10 back next time i guess..

aah now ur championship preicdton is lookin ok..

ok..so out of the 3 i mentioned for winnning..which was RB,KR and RS ...two were right...JM is getting better and actually finishing races..

and herbs..ya...RB put on on a brilliant fight to retake the lead..he showed lot of attitude in just going for it on the outside..

and baaba..heres hoping ul be able to kick thier asses..and stuff it with sheep wool....lol