1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f3 skybox wifi help

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by rangerman, May 17, 2013.

1. rangerman

rangerman Member

hi peeps i'm new to this first time posted anything on here
    ok I got myself a f3 skybox and its been preloaded with all sky channels but the wifi antenna that came with it is that great only 150mbps with about 100 meters of range so I went a got a TP-LINK 300mbps wireless N usb adapter was told not only is it better but will have more range that the one I got but when I plug it in my box it dont recognize it can anyone help me please

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

you should have checked what is compatible with the box, is the one you bought RALINK type which is compatible as this is what the box uses, 100 metres of range? where the hell is your router? wireless is a bit hit n miss with those boxs, if you can use homeplugs it would be better, if the one you bought aint compatible not a lot you can do with it

4. rangerman

rangerman Member

I have now got my box working for some reason it took a long time for the wifi stick to connect but works ok however I have now ordered a TP LINK 500mbps powerline Ethernet adapter should get that in the morning but i'm thinking I wish I had got the f5 skybox as the usb is at the back of unit and from what ive read it seems to be a better choice ? does anyone know if any of the skyboxes will let you watch one program and record another at the same time.
    also if I do get the f5 box how easy is it to put the sky channels on it once you have brought them ? my f3 box came preloaded so just needed plugging in.

5. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

skybox f3 and f5 are more or less the same box, same company, same chan files the lot, you will only be able to watch and record chans on the same freq or TP, meaning if bbc1 is on freq 123456 and you want to record itv1, if thats on freq 123456 then it will work, if it aint it cant, they only thing these boxs are good for is pausing TV etc, its a single tuner box, the same chan files works for the F3 as it does for the F5, follow the instruction on here in the Skybox F3 tutorial on how to do it

6. rangerman

rangerman Member

Thank you Mickah for you input and help top man :)