1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fable Backup

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by shikami, Mar 16, 2005.

1. shikami

shikami Member

Alright, i have made 4 coasters. The first 2 copies came up as unknown when i put them in my box, so then i re-Ftp'd with CloneXB and was able to burn a copy that would load up and allow me to select a saved game to load, but that was about it.When i select the saved game, it loads fine, until it finishes and then is says that the disc may be dirty or damaged with a green boarder around the screen So then i burned a copy at a lower speed, and still the same message, Does anyone know how to solve this?

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Try using different media. If you're using cheap media, that could be the problem.

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I had the same thing at first,it wasn't a media problem....more of a patching problem. Either try patching it with craxtion4 or try taking the disk you made that failed after you loaded it and copy it to your xbox with dvd2xbox and let that patch it. Then transfer it over to your pc with quix (if you use avalaunch or unleashed) and then burn that xISO. If I remember it was one of these ways that solved my problem.

4. shikami

shikami Member

i got it working. first i just ripped the files to my comp, then patched the xbe files with quix and burned an iso with xxxiso, and it worked fine.

5. punqewe

punqewe Active member

good to hear.

6. juan2320

juan2320 Regular member

How did you patched the xbe files?Why do you have to patch the xbe files?

7. shikami

shikami Member

i just opened qwix and then opened the game files, in which there were 4 xbe files i think. I patched them because i heard thats what would make the copy work, and after making 5 coasters, i thought i oughta try something else. The other copies i made either wouldnt even work or would load up but say that the disc was dirty.

8. scottas

scottas Guest

Quix has an option to patch files. this is one of the most common dirty disk error fixes.

9. scottas

scottas Guest

Just backed up my Fable and it works fine after patching the files.

10. shady78

shady78 Regular member

hey i got the same problem only i did everything suggested in all post to this thread and still says dirty or damaged any suggestions

11. shikami

shikami Member

try clone xb. first try ripping just the files off(not in ISO form), patch all of the .xbe files, burn the files to an ISO, and then burn that to a disc, i think u can do all of this with clone Xb.

12. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

Is clone xb reliable? I havent heard of it before.