1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fail to open file error cannot find specified file error can anyone help.:0

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by tharius, Feb 20, 2007.

1. tharius

tharius Member

I am very new to the whole burn to DVD R world and I can even get shrink to open my file of Pans Labirynth to shrink, it gives me the system cannot find the specified file erro can anyone please help with this problem....

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Are you using Shrink all by itself?

If so give this a try
    Install RipIt4Me
    Backup using RipIt4Me

Shrink is old and outdated, but still usefull when using RipIt4Me in conjunction with DVD Decrypter.

3. 56delray

56delray Regular member

Where did the file come from [DVD Decrypter] or straight from the disc.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  4. tharius

tharius Member

Thankyou for ur response now I have Rip4me and DVD Dycrypter have tried to run the file movie I downloaded from Torrent spy through both and when I attempt to open the file and click on the folder containing the movie nothing happens and there is a blank space in the opened file box could this be an extension problem, this is what the folder file destination looks like Pan's.Labyrinth[2006]DvDrip[Eng.Sub]-aXXo

5. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

RipIt4Me (including DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink) doesn't do AVI files or downloaded movies/files (AVI, DivX, XvID, etc.) That being said, you'll need to use either Nero Vision or ConvertXtoDVD to transcode your files into DVD (i.e. VOB, BUP and IFO files).

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What is the file extension? at the end of the file there should be .xxx at the end of the file what are the 3 letters there?

Make sure you go to "Tools" , "Folder Options" and un-check the below box
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  7. tharius

tharius Member

Thankyou again for all the feedback..however Im not sure how to proceed, by unchecking my Hide extensions for known files will that allow Shrink or Ripit4me to open the file or do I need to convert the movie using convertXtodvd before shrink or Decrypter can do their thing?? thnks in advnce for all the help and ur patience...:)

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

no by doing that we will know what type of file you really have so we can go from there. What is the extension of your file?