1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Failed JTAG/NAND flashing attempts. Is my XBox360 fixable?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Goraax, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Goraax

Goraax Member

Hey,

A while ago I tried to update my XBox 360s DVD drive to a custom firmware via a tutorial I found online. I checked a few different tutorials just to get a general idea of the procedure, and they all had the same general idea of what to do.

I messed that up by forgetting to save the DVD drive key, so at that point my XBox would boot to the main menu, but the DVD drive was bricked, so I couldnt play any games.

After that I bought an Xecuter J-R Programmer. I read around a bit and it seemed like that was the tool I needed to recover my DVD key, which was needed to flash working firmware on the DVD drive, and thus fix my XBox.

So I read heaps of tuts/guides on flashing custom NAND, which would allow me to see the DVD key via Xell Reloaded, or something by that name. I used the "J-Runner v0.2 Beta" program, and followed the steps as advised;

First I read the NAND twice, it compared both reads and they were the same. I dont have a coolrunner, so the 2nd step was greyed out. I created the "Xell Reloaded" file, then I clicked "Write Xell Reloaded".

Now at this point, I should have gotten a custom boot screen on the XBox, which would tell me the DVD + CPU key. But instead, the XBox wouldnt boot, the green light on the front would start flashing for a while, and eventually I would get 3 red LEDs along with the flashing green one.

Im stuck at that point. On top of that, I messed up again after reading the original NAND for the first time; I had heaps of unnecessary folders on my desktop, and when I went to delete them, I also accidentally deleted the JRunner folder with the original NAND dumps (shift+deleted, its a bad habbit, what can I do lol..).

So basically, I have a bricked DVD drive with no key, an XBox with a bad NAND flash that wont boot anything (gives me a flashing green LED with 3 red ones around it), and I dont have a copy of the original NAND dump anywhere. As far as i know, the current NAND is the original with the XELL reloaded flashed onto it. Before writing XELL reloaded to it, the XBox would boot to the home screen everytime with no problems.

Is there any way I can save my XBox? Here are some various specs I know about it:

XBoX 360 Phat, Jasper model
    Lite-On DVD drive
    Dash version was 14699 before messing around with the NAND or anything.

Ive tried a couple of solutions, but none of them seem to work. I really hope theres a way to fix this.

Thanks

2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

Dead sorry

3. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Actually, yes, it is fixable, you can try flashing it with another key and injecting a drivekey. Google should help you with that, I just read about this once in a forum. The other question would be if it's worth going through all that to save it. I'd just buy a 2009 Xbox 360 with a dead laser off ebay, preferably one that hasn't been opened before and either switch the lasers or the entire drive.