1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Failed" status in the progress field

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by StOoLy, Apr 14, 2003.

1. StOoLy

StOoLy Guest

Hi
    I have a problem where "ANYTHING" that i try to download gets a "Failed" status in the progress field. It was working fine one minute then the next it wasn't. I have uninstalled and re-installed version 2.1 with no luck. My friend had this problem and he reckons that it's because the HD is full. I have at least 80Gb spare to play with so i think this is not the problem. Ideally, i want the Lite version installed but not sure where i can download a version that i don't have to pay for.
    Please help because i miss my KaZaa :(

Cheers
    Beef

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

You miss kazaa?? MY GOD lol

Anyway, another reason why this happens is because you dont have full admin control on your computer! by any chance is that the case here??

3. StOoLy

StOoLy Guest

LOL. Yes i do miss my Kazaa.Well more p'd off because i had a fair bit of stuff half downloaded and lost the lot! I also use WinMX and the day after my Kazaa decided to crap out i had to re-install WinMX but have not had any problems getting that happening again.
    I have full admin control over my PC. Kazaa has been working perfectly on my PC for about 2 years. I have not changed anything on my PC (that i think would affect kazaa) and it has literally stopped working, well, failing to download anyway. I can connect with no problems.
    I am running XP Pro and have a Intel BLKD845PESV motherboard, 2.4Ghz CPU with 768 DDR memory + 220Gb HD space so i reckon i have enough resources handy.
    Any other ideas?

4. Dela

Do you run a firewall??

5. Dela

Do you run a firewall??

6. StOoLy

StOoLy Guest

Nope. No firewall.

7. Dela

May I ask what kazaa you had?? if it was the normal kazaa media desktop, then i recommend a change to Kazaa Lite K++ Edition, http://www.k-lite.tk

8. StOoLy

StOoLy Guest

I do have a firewall but i had turned it off. But, i just got it all working tonight. Thanks heaps for your help :)
    Cheers

9. Dela

No Probs!