1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Failed to burn GTA:SA

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by chinig, Oct 23, 2004.

1. chinig

chinig Member

Just downloaded the file, unpacked it, and keep failing when I try to burn it. I keep on getting erors at around 50-60%. Used to be it would work if I just use RecordDX that came with my Sony DVD burner, but lately it hasn't worked with most game. I tried it anyway, and failed with errors. So I then tried to load the unpacked ISO into my Dameon tool, then copy with nero 6. Failed again. Lastly, I try DVD Decrypter and failed.

What the heck? Is something wrong with my dvd burner? I'm burned it all on 2x with my TDK DVD-R CD's.

2. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

I burned it at 4X with DVD Decrypter on my Ritek g04 DVD-R works great, no skipping, no freezing etc! Seems to me that 2x causes more problems for peeps, did with my Madden 2005, gonna try burnng again but this time at 4x if it fixes the problem i will drop my douts with Ritek for good :)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2004
  3. chinig

chinig Member

I think my max speed is 2x tho. I burned Madden2005 and it works great, just can't get GTA:SA to work.

4. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

Is there 1x? Try that

5. robertkre

robertkre Guest

I had terrible issues with burning it... They would all burn, but not play. My alcohol 120 was messed up, so I tried Nero, which kinda worked, but skipped a lot. I tried DVD Decryptor and that did the same thing. I ended up burning it at 2.5X with alcohol 120 (after re-installing it) and now it plays flawlessly.

6. jonels

jonels Regular member

have you tried to clean the burner lens ?

7. 100%legit

100%legit Guest

thats one reason im afraid to get a dvd r burner is the lens might go out whenever and im already gettin games at $4.25 cents per a dvd r. i can get 60 dvd rs price of a dvd r burner and have it shipp in 3 days all of those games in dvd r format

8. 100%legit

100%legit Guest

gta sa does work fine 4 me

9. abrock

abrock Member

I have downloaded gta sa and tried to burn it with DVD DECRYPTER using a Memorex DVD+R but when I try to load it it does not find the disc.Is this a media issues or something else.All I did was unpack the .rar files then burnt the .ISO.

10. DCPCINC

DCPCINC Member

Hi Im kinda of new to this and i just downloaded GTA SA as well and im unsure just to burn the ISO because last time I did it with Tony Hawks Underground 2 and my PS2 said it was not a PS2 format disk. Please help. Also wondering, Is there any good PS2 emulators so i can load the ISO and play on my PC.