1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Failed to burn movie with more than 7GB

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by mgmtech, Dec 10, 2004.

1. mgmtech

mgmtech Member

This weird. Could be compression issue but here it is. Hope someone can help.

When I tried to burn DVD with 5GB or less. I have no problem. But as soon as I tried to burn movie that are more than 6 or 7GB. Then if failed at 90 to 99%. Look like it ran out of room to record. Put the DVD in the DVD player. It play to almost to the end then it stop. Again I suspect it ran out of room to record the rest. Anyone ran into this problem?

2. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

If you are using Shrink, leave the compression setting on automatic. It should compress it enough so that it will fit on a DVD-5 type disc.

Also, check this guide out:http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd9_to_dvdr_with_dvd_shrink.cfm

=D

Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  3. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

i'm having the same problem all of a sudden. i haven't before. i'm using shrink and decrypter. i leave the compression on auto but it says there isn't enough space on the disc to burn the image. i've tried doing custom compression too but w/ the same result. i've even tried downloading about 4 different programs w/ free trials to do this and still no luck. what the crap is going on! i'm getting really frustrated!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  4. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

nevermind. i figured it out. as usual, i was just trying to make things more complicated than they were.

5. mgmtech

mgmtech Member

Hey fishbulb..would u like to share your new discoved.

6. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

hey mgmtech...i'm not sure if i can explain it very well w/out actually doing it at the same time, but i'll give it a shot.
    i open dvd shrink and click "open disc." after it finishes, i go over all the audio, extras, and stuff and deselect what i don't want to keep. then i click "backup" and under "select backup target:" make sure "ISO Image File and burn with DVD Decrypter" is selected. then under "select target image file:" make sure it is set to where u save your movies (for example, i save mine to a folder on my desktop called "my movies." under "dvd region" make sure "region free" is selected. click "ok" and it should start saving to your hard drive. when it's done, dvd decrypter should open up and be waiting for u to insert a blank dvd (assuming u only have 1 drive u can burn with.) the symbol at the bottom of decrypter should be of a hard drive w/ an arrow pointing to a dvd. if it's not for some reason (which is unlikely) just click "mode" go to "ISO" and select "write." that should pretty much do it. oh, and u will need to click the symbol at bottom of decrypter to start burning.
    good luck! let us know if u get it working. (sorry if i just explained a bunch of stuff u already know.)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2004