1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

failed to initialize ASPI device

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by swtchops, Apr 18, 2005.

1. swtchops

swtchops Member

Hi,
    I have been using dvd shrink 3.2 for about the last 9 months without any problems...yesterday I went to rip a DVD and got this error...DVD shrink encountered an error and cannot continue, failed to initialize aspi device......I have nooooo Idea how to fix this problem....I can burn dvds I had saved to hard drive using Nero without any problems, I can just no longer rip them......your input would be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks Debbie

2. jmet

jmet Regular member

3. swtchops

swtchops Member

Hi,
    I have tried all that it says on the webpage.....I installed dvd shrink to drive D: instead of c: and can get it to work once then get same error...I have reinstall each time I use it....I have installed uninstalled aspi's too many times to count.....I have have no idea what is going on....I dont seem to be having any problems with any other programs.....any other thoughts would be helpful...
    Thanks

4. gordy11

gordy11 Member

5. swtchops

swtchops Member

I have tried force aspi.....I have tried everything....lol other than reformatting and dont want to go there......I have done everything to the letter that was suggested still with no success.
    Thanks

6. 7Phoenix

7Phoenix Member

I'd have the same issue and i resolved it the same day. Maybe its that u have 2 cd-rom drives. Take the second cd-rom drive (the one that doesn't burn ;-)and try again. I think the problem resides that the aspi driver is asigned to the Cd-rom drive. I hope this reply become useful.

P.S. Sorry if i did not explain myself clearly. I dont speak english very well.