1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"failed to query the needed interfaces for DVD playback" error

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Yoshi87651, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Yoshi87651

Yoshi87651 Member

Hello all,
    I keep getting this error: "failed to query the needed interfaces for DVD playback" on my media player of choice: MPC-HC. This happens with every DVD I try to play. They are all DVDs that I burned and they work on a DVD player perfectly. I havent found many answers online, but I did find many questions, some dating back 6+ years! Wow.
    I tried a suggestion on doom9 forums (windows-> run -> "regsvr32 qdvd.dll" and "regsvr32 quartz.dll") but to no avail. I am stumped.

Intersting thing, I tried playing the DVDs in Windows Media Player. I get an error. Tried mplayer2, it froze up and crashed for some reason. Completely frustrated, I even downloaded VLC player (ew) and tried that. Whaddayouknow? It worked! So it cant be the DVDs or my computer....

Any suggestions and tips?

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i had trouble playing back an iso file.mounted it in daemon tools lite and it played back fine using windows media player.havnt try windows media centre.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  3. Yoshi87651

Yoshi87651 Member

I'm not talking about ISO files. I'm talking about actual DVDs.