1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

failed update/vaidation problem

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by paddybong, Sep 29, 2012.

1. paddybong

paddybong Regular member

Have a problem with a dell inspiron 15r 0S W7 ;wont update and sometimes gives a pop up saying windows might not be genuine so i go to validate windows it says its not a valid copy of windows.it say there is missing files or corrupted files that windows needs to operate properly.it is a valid copy as its the one that came with the pc.iv gone to the Microsoft site and downloaded fix's but none have worked.please need help with this one.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

send me your email address by pm.

3. paddybong

paddybong Regular member

Sent thanks

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try a system restore to before the problem started. if that don't work i'll send you a file to see if corrects activation problem.

5. paddybong

paddybong Regular member

the problem started back in June and the system restore only go's back the last month

6. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

I'll let you in to a little secret with W7 and it's completely broken "update" system.. Don't try to update online.. it's useless.. What has happened re: missing files.. is this.. It's started to update, deleted files in order to "replace" them with updated versions, then found that it needed one of them.. error.. error.. error... What you have to do is....

download the updates for "offline/administrator update" from M$ site.. then install them manually with no internet connection plugged in.. once they are in then by all means try the online update again :)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  7. paddybong

paddybong Regular member

Thanks for all the help lads i got it working buy running check-disc,after restarting the updates download and updated successfully,The window's verification screen popped up so i validated it,it then took me to another page and all working fine now