1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

failing to shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by emored, Mar 13, 2007.

1. emored

emored Member

i am certainly no techie when it comes to this stuff , but i have used dvd shrink for quite some time now and it has always done the job on every project over size video ts i have thrown at it , until this last week that is , the original files are a gig or more over the dvd 5 size so i thought shrinking would present no problems ( as i have previously done many up to 8 gig or more ) however after hitting the button i get the warning this film cant be shrunk etc and after the process is done the red over size bar is still pretty much the same as before , i have actually repeated this 4 times on the same file and it never seems to reduce in size at all , anyone got any clue what is going on here ? i have even uninstalled / reinstalled dvd shrink again .

has anyone else encountered this particular issue ?

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

are you doing full disk or just the movie? if you reauther you can take out unwanted audio subs comenetary stuff like that

3. emored

emored Member

HI

well i have unchecked all the not needed language subs and audio and the main movie is just over 5 gig , i am almost finished with trying dvdfab out of curiousity to see if it shrinks the video ts down , will wait a few mins before sending this and let you know if it has managed to do what dvd shrink failed on ---- well there is a surprise ( for me anyway ) i wonder why this program shrunk it first time to well under a 5 gig size ? hmmmmm ok i suppose i need to watch the full dvd later to be 100% sure it has not lost some thing in quality or content just to burst my bubble of success ! :)
    your response however was a much appreciated action , if this has worked and if some other reader has hit the same wall as me its all been worthwhile . many thanks !

4. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

When you reshrink the file, did you re-name it? You may be looking at the original file each time, and seeing the original size. Everytime i reshrunk a movie that was red bar, and said it couldnt be shrunk again, i just renamed the output file and it worked. Just a thought.

5. emored

emored Member

interesting suggestion , thanks i will certainly keep this tip in mind

cheers !