1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Failure of coppied DVD's after 1 week

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by beech1, Dec 22, 2003.

1. beech1

beech1 Member

I have burnt many DVD's. Receintly they have encrypted
    them. I have been succesful coping them and watching them about two times. About one week later they freeze up or the picture breaks up or the words dont match the mouth. I have also used the downloads from after dark with TOMB RAIDERS. Watched it twice then it failed. Is anyone having the same problems, or have answers !!!

Don

2. antons

antons Member

it could be, that your player is having difficulties playing your DVD-R disk - Then it will sett more power to the laser in the player, to much power on a writable disc, can erase it?

Someone back me up on this...

3. beech1

beech1 Member

I have tried it on a brand new sony DVD. It plays fine right after I burn it. Then later screws up.

When you us the downloads from after dawn is it suppose to fix that problem ? Let me know.

Thanks Don

4. bloke2000

bloke2000 Member

This is a very common problem and is not a result of any of your hardware. DVD-R do seem to be unreliable though immediatly after recording the backup works fine. Hve a look at the below thread

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/62495