1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

failure to burn everytime

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by killjoy12, Mar 14, 2007.

1. killjoy12

killjoy12 Member

Im currently trying to make backups of some dvds i recently bought but i am having a lot of troubles. everytime i try to make copies there always messed up. For example im trying to make a backup for the sopranos dvds i bought and everytime i burn it i either get a "error reading data" during the burn process or the disc will complete the burn but when i run the dvd on my player it gets to the main menu and this little hbo green logo is in the corner and the menu messes up and skips to a part of the dvd. Ive tried this burn about 4 times and its the same thing for all of them. I know it has to be some type of encryption or copyright protection but every program i use its always the same thing. Ive used dvd shrink,dvd decryptor,clone dvd 4,ripit4me, and nero. Another thing i dont get is i just made a copy of my jackass 2 with dvd shrink and nero and that dvd works fine and its newer then the sopranos dvd im trying to backup so it seems like it should copy it. can anyone help me?

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Welcome to AD,
    Well, thats easy to explain, not all dvds are equal in terms of Copy Protection, Some are very hard while others u can use decrypter or shrink even though those programs have not been updated in years.

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/TheGuides/pacman777guide.pdf
    If u use this guide and follow it exactly u can backup any dvd out there.

Also for future reference use only top notch media such as Verbatims, or Taiyo Yuden,
    Burn at half the top rated speed; ex. 16x speed disks, burn at 8x
    Dont ever put sticky labels on them, use a sharpie

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007