1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fake CRC Error

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by NicHt, Jun 16, 2007.

1. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

I recently formatted my HDD. Thinking I could back up my 2500+ files and folder using 7zip. I compressed into two parts and put one part onto each CD. I then tried to extract the files and also tried to copy the PART directly to the desktop, both times getting a CRC error. I read somewhere on the net that these are 'fake crc errors' as there is nothing wrong with the disc. If I cannot recover the files, there is a good chance I'll get fired. Please I need some help.

2. billybob

billybob Regular member

3. greensman

greensman Regular member

nicht,
    What media did you use? MID code that is. ;)

I would think if there is really no CRC errors on the discs you should be able to rip them into your puter w/o any problems. Are they CD-R's or DVD's?

I'll look some more and see what I can come up with. :)

...gm

zip repair

zip repair pro

W/O more info I don't know what else to add buddy. I hope you get this thing worked out. :)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  4. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

I am using Sony CD-RW. There are really no CRC errors. New disks, and the one disc that wasn't completely filled, I added some other things on. I can still access the other things. But not the so called "Life or death" documents. The files are zipped in 7zip. But have the extension 001 and 002. So even ziprepair cannot view them. I appreciated the help greensman. But still is not solved :)

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

Do you have the 7z format or the zip format? I don't know what the difference is but would that create these crc errors if you're using the "wrong" format?

try ZipGenius and see what happens ;)

I'm just trying to help, I've never seen this before. :( I've always been able to extract whatever I've downloaded or packed with minimal problems. I know that doesn't help much but maybe it will give you some HOPE. ;)

....gm

6. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Zip genius didn't work and I cant work up enough cash for zip-repair :)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  7. billybob

billybob Regular member

winrar? That normally extracts files with .001 and .002 format.. for me.