1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fake file w/ eMule

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by nojive, Feb 12, 2004.

1. nojive

nojive Guest

I've had great luck w/ eMule until this morning, when a movie I was downloading turned out to be a fake. I'm confused because, at times, this file had the little green "I" next to it, which I thought meant it was "verified". Also, there were a ton of sources, which surprises me. BTW, I would have previewed it, but that option was greyed out. I'm also concerned because I've read about a couple people here getting fake movies and then a letter from their ISP a few days later...guess I'll find out soon enough if that's the case.

Anyway, the movie had a similar name to the one I was downloading (the both had "samurai" in the title"). Could it be that it was mistitled, or am I screwed?

2. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

What did you mean by fake? was it a different movie? did it not play? or was it a a blank screen, it could be that you're missing a codec too. Just some theories to think about, but you could be right.

3. Mattrage

Mattrage Regular member

With eMule, the whole point is to use an indexing site, such as sharereactor.com or one of its imitators, to get verified hashes for download. If you're using the search engine, there are no guarantees about anything you download.