1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fake memory cards!!!

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by joshjy, Feb 11, 2007.

1. joshjy

joshjy Regular member

so wats up with these fake memory cards i have been hearing about wat difference dose it make dont they have as much memory or sumthing?

i would like to know because there is a guy on ebay selling a 2gb for £20 and i would like to know if there will be any side affects.

thanx in advance.

2. sinsaint

sinsaint Guest

they work, slower transfers and they will probably have an 80% chance to stop working after about 4 weeks of use, if your lucky i say 7 weeks tops.

not worth it, dont buy anything fake, buy only genuine aka you get what you pay for.

3. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

Yep their cheap rip-offs from Asia that look surprisingly genuine, but the check the How to Spot a Fake MS Guides and you'll see the differences.

I bought a 1Gb High Speed Pro DUO off Ebay, it worked fine for about 2 months, I could use up all the available space and than one day, BAM! It just died, now I can only put about 120Mb onto the card before it just stops transferring.

DO NOT BUY A MEM STICK OFF EBAY, they are LOADED with fakes. I suggest Amazon, Best Buy or something like that.

Besides prices of these things have dropped tremendously pretty recently you might as well buy it from a store, that way you can be sure you won't get scammed.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  4. joshjy

joshjy Regular member

thanks guys yer i had a look around on ebay and all the supposed fake cards seem to have that daunting red line across them.