1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fake memory sticks

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mrk44, Apr 19, 2007.

1. mrk44

mrk44 Guest

Are the sony memory sticks the only ones out there that are fake or are the sandisks fake too???

2. xFlamex

xFlamex Regular member

Fake?

3. Almakra

Almakra Guest

you do realise that you are suggesting that all sony memory cards are fake?

the pirate ones are generally sold from the far east - so if the ebay seller has an address in say, japan or korea, then dont buy it.

governments in the far east do not adhere to copyright protection laws and so can legally pirate consumer electronic products of all sorts including memory cards and dvd's.

but that is not to say that they wont work the same because they probably will, as they are made in the same way.

however, buying dvd's is one thing but buying electronic goods of any kind, you kinda want some guarantee that you are buying quality merchandise and not some rubbish.

my wife bought me an ipod on ebay from japan - not realising it was a pirate.
    yes it works, but it has problems. its not an ipod its a copy, so it will never be as fast or as versatile (and it doesnt play any movie files!)

always check the sellers feedbacks and try to make sure that your purchase is coming from a local and verified source - thats my advice.

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Well said

......AND to answer your question mrk44, there are also fake sandisk cards. rule or thumb: if it's cheap and from ebay, it's a fake.

5. Freaker

Freaker Regular member

those are good points of advise. best bet is to pay a little more and wait for a sale in a store. good luck

6. Xpressor

Xpressor Regular member

fry's electronics
    4gig duo 49.99 sale till 5-8-07

7. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

can you give us a link? I went to fry's website, but can only find 4gig for 69.99

Is there a mail-in rebate or something? Because I wouldn't count on fry's rebate. I'm still waiting on two $20 rebates from over a year ago...

8. shuye

shuye Member

Yeah, the offer is still good.
    linkie

btw, I bought a Sony 4GB memory stick 2 from a SELLER weeks ago. After I bought it, I realized it might be fake because it was only $50.00. I got it 3 days ago, and from all the sources I read so far, it is fake. But it works all right. So I guess it's ok to keep it because I only use it for movies & games anyway. I don't use it to upgrade fw...

9. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

even though ebay sticks are fake, most of them work exactly like the real ones. The transfer speed might be a bit less, but compare to umd transfer rate, it's still much better. So fake ones shouldn't have any effect on game play.

10. Xpressor

Xpressor Regular member

@ shuye thanx for setting up the link...
    my bad peeps that sale is also applies at the
    store, thats where i saw the price..