1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fake Nintendo DS Lite?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by bjhgames, Jun 17, 2009.

1. bjhgames

bjhgames Member

While shopping around for a good price I found a few stores online selling an NDS Lite with a secondary CPU that runs at 16.8 MHz. I expected to read 33 MHz. Has Nintendo released a slower NDSL or is it fake?

2. karlroby

karlroby Regular member

A link would be good so we can have a look mate :)

3. bjhgames

bjhgames Member

4. karlroby

karlroby Regular member

I see what you mean about them advertising the nintendo ds lite as having a secondary cpu running at 16.8Mhz instead of the 33Mhz that it should be,

The price of them is somewhat about right but you never know with China as they will copy anything from the Nike trainers to iphones (even though they dont work the same) to even fake hard boiled edible eggs.

Also the Nintendo DS lites are being advertised as refurbished so maybe they bought a job lot of these from Nintendo direct where they had a fault on the original 33Mhz secondary cpu and have been changed to a working cpu but is just 16.8Mhz as its probably adequate to run ds games etc and have been changed to a slower cpu due to them being a lot cheaper?

If you are looking to buy a ds lite, i would buy from a reputable source so you have a real reciept/invoice and also i genuine warranty aswell incase something goes wrong with it :)