1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fake wiiclip/wiikey2?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by killer8nl, Mar 6, 2012.

1. killer8nl

killer8nl Member

Hi,

Last week my wiikey 1 broke(It couldnt read any backuped games anymore). Today I received a new modchip, the wiikey2 also presoldered on a wiiclip. After installing it I first put in the config disc and got an error: sorry, no wiikey2 found!

I tried everything but couldnt get it fixed. I also mailed the reseller but they simple told me this happens sometimes because its a new batch of wiikey2s and the config disc isnt compatible yet. But they ensure me the modchip was real and it was not a fake.

This wasnt really a problem, I was just not able to configure the chip but it was working for original and backups anyway. Then I mailed the reseller again and asked them if Im not able to configure or update the modchip does it have the newest firmware on the chip so I would not have any problems with playing any backups.

But then I start playing a backup of: new super mario. I knew it would give an error after about 10 minutes if the modchip didnt had the newest firmware. So after 10 minutes the error occurs...

After that I opened up my wii and took out the wiiclip and wiikey2. By comparing the wiiclip to the wii-clip website I found some differences(no v14, difference dots, G, F, E, D are with different lines).

So I think the wiiclip and wiikey2 are both fake. I included a few photos and wonder if I am right on this?

Can someone please tell me what is going on? And is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks in advanced

Photos(couldnt get it to show in the forum so here are imageshack links):

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/img2751wz.jpg/
    imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/img2755t.jpg/
    imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/img2758f.jpg/

the wiikey seal was already passed over the chip

2. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

Send it back and get a refund

Softmod (google - modmii)

Modchips have no real advantages anymore