1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fans not detected by Speedfan or Hwmonitor

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by rossdd, Jun 5, 2013.

1. rossdd

rossdd Member

Hi guys. I purchased an i7 quad core 64 bit last year and since last week, when I stayed up all night watching pr0n, :p, I started having battery issues, like it flashes orange and white (saying battery is fully charged, yet not recognizing the battery when I go to power options), which is easily resolved thus far when simply I turn off the computer, take the battery out, wait a few minutes, and put it back in. I don't know the exact nature of the problem and online sites are no help but I think it had to do with the computer being on 24/7 and watching so many videos so it probably got overheated.

Long story short, decided I better check the temperature and fan speed, and tried Speedfan but it does not detect any fans. Tried Hwmonitor, same thing. Same with OCCT. Don't know why. I had the same problem with my dual core old Inspiron. Fans were never detected. What is the problem?

Thanks

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

laptops or desktops?

3. rossdd

rossdd Member

It's a Dell laptop.

Although I'm not even sure my problem is related to fans or temperature. I mean right now I have the flashing white/orange battery thing again but most core temperatures are in low 50s (C).

4. ddp

try a system restore to before the problem started. where did you get the 50c reading from?

5. rossdd

rossdd Member

I installed Speedfan, that's where the temperature readings come from (but like I said, it won't tell me the fan speeds). Here's a printscreen of it just now, while I have firefox open and typing:

[​IMG]

p.s. thank you for your helpful and prompt replies, I appreciate it.

6. ddp

check in the bios for "hardware monitor" or "pc health" to see if it shows those temp numbers & fan speeds.