1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Far off any topic, but.....

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Pegasis, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Pegasis

Pegasis Regular member

I'm posting this here because, this forum has been of great use when in need of help and of great satisfaction when helping, but now i am in need of some more help that does not relate to anything computer or software wise, and i am unsure if afterdawn have an appropriet site for me to post on about this but...

I am wondering if it is possible to control an ac washer motor with a dimmer switch.

It's a bit of a project and i have googled for hours not being able to find an answer that gives me a definate answer.

So any help would be apreciated.

P.S

I am real sorry if this question is not allowed to be asked on this forum, and if i could be directed to one that can before the thread is closed.

Thanks.

2. aldan

aldan Active member

you can but you may not have the range you are looking for.the voltage rating on the motor is the max rating that it can handle.going below that ie with a dimmer will decrease the motors power and its speed as well.hope that is what you are looking for.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

can be done but depends on what you are trying to do as will loose torque power.