1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAST ACTIONS SCENES ARE PIXEL BLOCKING AFTER CONV TO MPG

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by vascular2, Feb 8, 2002.

1. vascular2

vascular2 Member

IM FAIRLY NEW TO THIS..BUT I HAVE BEEN RIPPING VOBS THEN CONV TO D2V THEN TO MPEG 1 AND 2. HOWEVER, NO MATTER WHAT SETTINGS I USE THE FAST ACTION SCENES ALWAYS APPEAR IN SCATTERED BLOCKS AND FUZZY WHEN IM WATCHING THE FINAL PRODUCT...WHY IS THAT?

2. vascular2

vascular2 Member

oh...and coincidently...im using win xp, claddvdxp,dvd2avi1.85, and tmpge

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Yeah, VCD has limitations and those can't really be circumvented. Only way is to use some noise reduction filters that smooth the picture or to change to SuperVCD as a format (but then again, you need 3 CDs for each movie when using SVCD).

4. vascular2

vascular2 Member

im not so much concerned with burning onto cd as watching it on my pc...how do i put on filters and change to supervcd?????

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Use our VCD ripping guide (from article section), but when using TMPGEnc, use SuperVideoCD template (select correct format, NTSC, PAL or NTSCFilm), go to settings, change encoding to 2-pass VBR, set good bitrate values (0 to minimum, appx. 2000 to average and maybe 2500 or 3000 to max).